Inland Empire News
Deputies fatally shoot armed man in Adelanto
ADELANTO, Calif. (KABC) -- An armed man was shot and killed in a confrontation with a San Bernardino County sheriff's deputy on Wednesday.
Officials say at approximately 3:30 p.m. a deputy on routine patrol was flagged down by a private citizen He told the deputy a man in a black Scion had just pointed a gun at him.
The car was located. Deputies tried to get the suspect to stop. Officials say he refused to yield, and there was a short slow speed pursuit. Investigators say the suspect finally stopped in the 16000 block of Casaba and exited the vehicle.
An official sheriff's department statement says: "The driver refused to comply with the deputies' commands and fearing for his safety and the safety of others fired his duty weapon at the suspect. The suspect was struck and was pronounced dead at the scene."
The man's name was not released. No deputies were injured during the incident. The investigation continues.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Sheriff's Department Homicide Detail at (909) 387-3589.
officer-involved shooting, shooting, inland empire news
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen 47 min ago
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Suspect arrested for Dana Point shooting
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- Malaysia missing jet: Stolen passports probed
- 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon 57 min ago
- Port Authority records tied to chair subpoenaed 5 min ago
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes 17 min ago
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- Sbarro files for second bankruptcy in 3 years
- 'The Bachelor' finale: 5 things to know...