Ventura County News
Amtrak train hits truck on tracks in Moorpark
MOORPARK, Calif. (KABC) -- An Amtrak train hit a truck on the tracks in a rural area of Moorpark on Monday, killing a man inside the truck.
Authorities responded to Los Angeles Avenue and Grimes Canyon at about 10:20 a.m. after a northbound Pacific Surfliner collided with the truck at a private crossing. Rescuers extricated a man in his 40s from the truck, but he was pronounced dead at the scene, Nash said.
No one was injured on the train, but traffic on the train line was stopped due to the accident. Three other trains were delayed up to an hour and a half.
Authorities said the train crossing is part of the farming community, and there were no crossing arms.
The victim's name has not been released.
The Associated Press contributed to this story.
accident, train accident, ventura county news
- 2 LAPD officers injured in West L.A. crash 5 min ago
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Malaysia missing jet: Door possibly found
- 2 attacked by bees in La Cañada Flintridge 30 min ago
- Yucaipa woman arrested in husband's murder 43 min ago
- Dana Point shooting suspect sought by deputies 20 min ago
- Injured LAPD officer released from hospital
- San Dimas boat crash leaves 1 dead, 1 injured 24 min ago
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- abcnews: Ex-FBI agent in captivity for 7 years
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- William Clay Ford, Lions owner, dies
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks