Ventura County News
Amtrak train hits truck on tracks in Moorpark
MOORPARK, Calif. (KABC) -- An Amtrak train hit a truck on the tracks in a rural area of Moorpark on Monday, killing a man inside the truck.
Authorities responded to Los Angeles Avenue and Grimes Canyon at about 10:20 a.m. after a northbound Pacific Surfliner collided with the truck at a private crossing. Rescuers extricated a man in his 40s from the truck, but he was pronounced dead at the scene, Nash said.
No one was injured on the train, but traffic on the train line was stopped due to the accident. Three other trains were delayed up to an hour and a half.
Authorities said the train crossing is part of the farming community, and there were no crossing arms.
The victim's name has not been released.
The Associated Press contributed to this story.
accident, train accident, ventura county news
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed 25 min ago
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures 15 9 min ago
- Bell corruption: Rizzo gets 12 years in prison
- Arsonist sought in San Pedro Elks Lodge fire
- Google Glass robbers target Venice resident
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries
- 'Luger Bandit' bank robbery suspect caught
- Distracted-driving trial: OC jury deadlocks
- Solvang ordnance scare prompts evacuations
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar
- abcnews: Missing girls case solved 40 years later
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- 'X-Men' director accused of sexual assault
- OTRC: AC/DC: Malcolm Young taking break