Los Angeles News
2 killed in wreck on 605 Fwy at 91 Fwy
CERRITOS, Calif. (KABC) -- Two people were killed in an accident that forced the closure of 605 Freeway for about four hours Wednesday in Cerritos.
The two-vehicle wreck occurred on the northbound 605 Freeway just south of the 91 Freeway at 6:52 p.m.
Emergency crews got to the scene and found two cars flipped over. Two people were ejected from a van that was involved in the accident, authorities said. Both of those people died. Officers said there were eight people riding in the van. Three other passengers in the vehicle were taken to the hospital in critical condition.
The female driver of the other car involved was also airlifted to the hospital as a precaution.
"They lane changed into each other. We don't know which one. The reactions of the drivers caused them to strike the center divider and overturn," California Highway Patrol Sergent Al Aleman.
All lanes of the northbound 605 Freeway near the intersection of the 91 Freeway were closed until about 11 p.m. Wednesday.
An investigation has been launched to discover the cause of the crash.
los angeles news, robert holguin
- Malaysian PM: Jet's disappearance deliberate 50 min ago
- Gorman brush fire: Crews gaining upper hand
- Earthquake w/ mag-3.9 rattles Castaic area
- Woman's remains, clothes found at Orange County wilderness park 29 min ago
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Body found at Anaheim trash recycling center
- OC 'flasher' suspect captured in San Diego
- Pinkberry co-founder sentenced in 2011 beating
- Man who hoarded snakes in OC home charged
- abcnews: NJ mom who hired hit man speaks out 46 min ago
- Pistorius photographed in bloodied prosthetics
- Baby gorilla born through rare C-section
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report