Los Angeles News
2 killed in wreck on 605 Fwy at 91 Fwy
CERRITOS, Calif. (KABC) -- Two people were killed in an accident that forced the closure of 605 Freeway for about four hours Wednesday in Cerritos.
The two-vehicle wreck occurred on the northbound 605 Freeway just south of the 91 Freeway at 6:52 p.m.
Emergency crews got to the scene and found two cars flipped over. Two people were ejected from a van that was involved in the accident, authorities said. Both of those people died. Officers said there were eight people riding in the van. Three other passengers in the vehicle were taken to the hospital in critical condition.
The female driver of the other car involved was also airlifted to the hospital as a precaution.
"They lane changed into each other. We don't know which one. The reactions of the drivers caused them to strike the center divider and overturn," California Highway Patrol Sergent Al Aleman.
All lanes of the northbound 605 Freeway near the intersection of the 91 Freeway were closed until about 11 p.m. Wednesday.
An investigation has been launched to discover the cause of the crash.
los angeles news, robert holguin
- Flasher strikes UC Riverside, community college 50 min ago
- Man killed in South Los Angeles hit-and-run
- Trailer spills rocks on westbound 10 Freeway
- Claremont sexual predator charged with felonies 25 min ago
- Two men arrested in Simi Valley car thefts
- Anaheim fire: House had pack rat conditions
- Man found dead outside fumigated OC house
- Victory for mom who sued TSA over breast milk
- Murder suspect worried tattoo might hurt case
- Object found in Australia likely not from jet
- abcnews: Navy officer reunited with wife, daughters
- South Korea ferry accident death toll now 135
- 4 Hollywood execs deny sexual abuse claims
- OTRC: Laura Prepon reacts to Tom Cruise rumors