Los Angeles News
2-yr-old murdered, mother's boyfriend accused
LONG BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- A 2-year-old boy was murdered, and his mother's boyfriend was arrested, accused of the child's murder.
Police say that 2-year-old DeAndre Green was beaten to death by his mother's boyfriend. The boy was brought into Long Beach Memorial Hospital unconscious around 6:50 p.m. Saturday. He died, unresponsive to efforts to revive him.
"That's the way I see my son yesterday. I had to see him on a bed, dead," said DeAndre's father, DeAndre Franks.
Hawthorne resident Hector Ernest Jr., 26, faces a charge of murder. Family members say that Ernest had been abusing the toddler for months. Family members even took pictures of suspicious bruises on DeAndre's body in October, and they said they called police and child protective services, but nothing was done.
"We went the legal way, and it failed us over and over again. Man, this boy got beat over and over again. We showed pictures, we kept reporting," said DeAndre's uncle, Kevin Pinkard. "It failed us."
Investigators believe that the fatal attack occurred at the couple's Long Beach apartment on the 3100 block of Springdale Drive, and they believe that there may be numerous witnesses.
"We believe very strongly at this time that there was someone that lived in the neighborhood where these people were either residing or frequenting, who either saw or heard former abuse on this child," said Jackie Bezart of Long Beach police.
If you have any information about this case, contact Long Beach homicide detectives at (562) 570-7244.
long beach, murder, los angeles news
- Pope Francis, crowd joyously celebrate Easter 4 min ago
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- Orange County carport collapses; no one hurt
- East Hollywood fire: Garage heavily damaged
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal
- Free admission offered to all national parks
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members 17 min ago
- Mickey Rooney buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour
- Brokechella festival held in downtown LA
22 min ago