Inland Empire News
Dogs chew off baby's testicles in apartment
MURRIETA, Calif. (KABC) -- Murrieta police say that two large dogs chewed off the testicles of a 6-month-old boy strapped in a baby carrier on Saturday.
According to police, the baby was left alone in a Riverside County apartment when the attack happened.
The mother, 22-year-old Carrie McKinney, left her child in the carrier on the floor in her friend's apartment. Police say that is when the pit bull and pit bull mix attacked the baby, tearing off the infant's diaper and biting his scrotum.
After hearing the baby scream, the mother and a friend rescued the child. He was hospitalized, but his condition is unknown.
Police and child protective services are investigating, but no charges have been filed. The dogs are being euthanized.
The Associated Press contributed to this story.
animal news, riverside county, inland empire news
- The Game raises money for family of slain boy 26 min ago
- Motorcycle officer struck by hit-run driver 13 min ago
- LAPD seeing fewer qualified applicants
- LA council OKs restrictions on e-cig sellers
- UCLA police seek sexual battery suspect
- Cold front moving across Southern California
- LAX shooting suspect appears in IE court
- Sebastian Ridley-Thomas wins special election
- Stolen truck with radioactive load found
- abcnews: Mysterious stillbirths baffle doctors
- 'Top Gun' woman tapped for Pentagon no. 2 job
- Paul Walker autopsy results released
- Keri Russell's Brooklyn home burglarized
- OTRC: Gal Gadot cast as Wonder Woman in new film