Inland Empire News
Dogs chew off baby's testicles in apartment
MURRIETA, Calif. (KABC) -- Murrieta police say that two large dogs chewed off the testicles of a 6-month-old boy strapped in a baby carrier on Saturday.
According to police, the baby was left alone in a Riverside County apartment when the attack happened.
The mother, 22-year-old Carrie McKinney, left her child in the carrier on the floor in her friend's apartment. Police say that is when the pit bull and pit bull mix attacked the baby, tearing off the infant's diaper and biting his scrotum.
After hearing the baby scream, the mother and a friend rescued the child. He was hospitalized, but his condition is unknown.
Police and child protective services are investigating, but no charges have been filed. The dogs are being euthanized.
The Associated Press contributed to this story.
animal news, riverside county, inland empire news
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Fontana suspect found after escaping from police 3 min ago
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Malaysia missing jet: Stolen passports probed
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Port Authority records tied to chair subpoenaed
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- 'The Bachelor' finale: 5 things to know...
- Stress management tip - call your doctor
53 min ago
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
48 min ago