Los Angeles News
Baby, parents dead in apparent murder-suicide
ALHAMBRA, Calif. (KABC) -- Three people, including an infant, were found shot to death inside an Alhambra home Thursday from an apparent double-murder-suicide.
According to the Los Angeles County Coroner, Angel Berrios Sr., 25, was identified as the shooter. The two victims are Angel's 23-year-old girlfriend, Natasha Cobian, and their 1-year-old son, Angel Jr. They were pronounced dead at the scene.
Police received a call of possible shots fired at the home at 825 South Sierra Vista Avenue at about 4:30 a.m. There were 11 people inside the house when the shots were fired.
Alhambra Police, along with the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department, were continuing the investigation. It was unknown what led to the shooting.
The preliminary investigation indicates that the deaths were a result of an apparent double murder-suicide. Further determination will made by the coroner's office.
Family members of the victims were at the scene Thursday afternoon.
Neighbors say the couple mostly kept to themselves.
"I just remember hearing some yelling and screaming," said neighbor Chris Hobbs. "I can't tell you if it was frequent, but I mean, the few times that I did, I remember hearing an elder woman yelling at someone else, and then the son or whoever, the male, was yelling back."
"It's real heartbreaking," said neighbor Inez Arakaki. "Something like this in this kind of a neighborhood. Alhambra's pretty quiet."
After a priest from a nearby Catholic church blessed the bodies, the coroner took the bodies away.
murder, homicide investigation, los angeles news, sid garcia
- Storm moves out of SoCal; cold air remains
- OC crash kills 4; alcohol, speed suspected
- US vet Merrill Newman back in CA from NKorea
- Fire hits Loyola Marymount University dorm
- Large sinkhole closes Woodland Hills road
- 87-year-old rescued from OC mobile home fire
- Salvation Army bell-ringer breaks record in IE
- Mandela's family: 'We have lost a great man'
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks attack anniversary
- abcnews: Alleged cannibal ran hotel w/ grill area
- Stanford beats ASU 38-14 in Pac-12 title game
- Auction features items from Nancy Drew author
- Photos: Jennifer Lopez at March of Dimes event