Los Angeles News
Baby, parents dead in apparent murder-suicide
ALHAMBRA, Calif. (KABC) -- Three people, including an infant, were found shot to death inside an Alhambra home Thursday from an apparent double-murder-suicide.
According to the Los Angeles County Coroner, Angel Berrios Sr., 25, was identified as the shooter. The two victims are Angel's 23-year-old girlfriend, Natasha Cobian, and their 1-year-old son, Angel Jr. They were pronounced dead at the scene.
Police received a call of possible shots fired at the home at 825 South Sierra Vista Avenue at about 4:30 a.m. There were 11 people inside the house when the shots were fired.
Alhambra Police, along with the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department, were continuing the investigation. It was unknown what led to the shooting.
The preliminary investigation indicates that the deaths were a result of an apparent double murder-suicide. Further determination will made by the coroner's office.
Family members of the victims were at the scene Thursday afternoon.
Neighbors say the couple mostly kept to themselves.
"I just remember hearing some yelling and screaming," said neighbor Chris Hobbs. "I can't tell you if it was frequent, but I mean, the few times that I did, I remember hearing an elder woman yelling at someone else, and then the son or whoever, the male, was yelling back."
"It's real heartbreaking," said neighbor Inez Arakaki. "Something like this in this kind of a neighborhood. Alhambra's pretty quiet."
After a priest from a nearby Catholic church blessed the bodies, the coroner took the bodies away.
murder, homicide investigation, los angeles news, sid garcia
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnap, rape 15 min ago
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- 7.2-magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico 7 min ago
- E-cigarette ban in public to go into effect
- SaMo teacher reinstated after subduing student
- Oakland woman collapses at Coachella, dies
- Crates of mail found abandoned in Hollywood
- 4 sought in Highland home-invasion robbery
- Good Friday: Pope remembers those who suffer 28 min ago
- South Korea ferry captain arrested - Yonhap
- Mount Everest avalanche kills at least 12
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims
- Sub scours ocean for missing Malaysian jet
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)
- Lighting up historic Broadway Theatre...
34 min ago