Save Money / Consumer News
Top 7 food trucks in Los Angeles
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A new generation of Southern California food trucks provides more than just traditional tacos; their mobile kitchens have evolved into serious cuisine-on-wheels. ABC7 teamed up with Citysearch.com to find the top 7 food trucks in the Southland:
1. Grilled Cheese Truck
The Grilled Cheese Truck cooks up a classic named the Plain-And-Simple. It comes with sliced American cheese on freshly baked French bread with lots of butter. Recommended is the Cheesy-Mac-And-Rib, which owner and chef Dave Danhi says has become a signature item.
Also popular are the Double-Cream-Brie, a grilled cheese creation with sliced pears and clover honey; or the Dessert Melt, featuring roasted bananas, Nutella and marshmallows, melted on sweet brioche bread.
"I got the Cheesy Mac Melt, and that was macaroni-and-cheese, BBQ pork and caramelized onions in a sandwich, and it was incredible," said Ian Northorp, a food truck fan.
2. The Buttermilk Truck
Though it has a full menu, The Buttermilk Truck is most popular for breakfast, which it serves all day. Favorites include buttermilk doughnuts, red velvet chocolate chip pancakes and the Portuguese Slider, which includes Portuguese sausages along with eggs and spiked soy sauce on Hawaiian bread.
"Buttermilk's definitely my top 5, and it's the only one that does breakfast, so that's definitely a plus," said Santa Monica resident Jacob Wessel, a frequent customer.
3. Louks Greek Gourmet To Go
Louks Greek Gourmet To Go serves up Greek cuisine, like specialty kabobs, lamb chops, Greek salads and a very popular sweet and salty treat - honey and feta french fries. A lot of the ingredients are imported from Greece.
Here are the trucks rounding out the top 7:
4. The Green Truck
5. Baby's Badass Burgers
6. The Sweets Truck
7. The Nom Nom Truck
Food trucks are not exclusive to Los Angeles:
Orange County: Barcelona on the Go
Inland Empire: Doug the Coffee Guy's food truck
Ventura County: The Burger Bus
There's no way this list is complete. Share your favorite in the comments below!
food, save money / consumer news, alysha del valle
- LA supervisors criticize Baca amid jail probe
- UC Riverside employee diagnosed w/ meningitis
- Bipartisan negotiators reach modest budget deal
- $50K reward announced in murder of 7-year-old
- FBI arrest several alleged MS-13 gang members
- Man burns to death, may have been stealing gas
- Auto thefts up in CA after realignment -study
- SD man charged in 'revenge porn' site case 29 min ago
- Eastern snowstorm brings closures, delays
- Missing Nevada couple, 4 children found safe
- abcnews: Alleged cow abuse at DiGiorno supplier
- US Navy sailor surprises family on ABC comedy
- Gabor Xmas party to go on amid spending fight
- OTRC: Kate Winslet, Ned RocknRoll welcome baby
- Nativity scene stolen from Temecula yard
16 min ago