Save Money / Consumer News
Top 7 food trucks in Los Angeles
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A new generation of Southern California food trucks provides more than just traditional tacos; their mobile kitchens have evolved into serious cuisine-on-wheels. ABC7 teamed up with Citysearch.com to find the top 7 food trucks in the Southland:
1. Grilled Cheese Truck
The Grilled Cheese Truck cooks up a classic named the Plain-And-Simple. It comes with sliced American cheese on freshly baked French bread with lots of butter. Recommended is the Cheesy-Mac-And-Rib, which owner and chef Dave Danhi says has become a signature item.
Also popular are the Double-Cream-Brie, a grilled cheese creation with sliced pears and clover honey; or the Dessert Melt, featuring roasted bananas, Nutella and marshmallows, melted on sweet brioche bread.
"I got the Cheesy Mac Melt, and that was macaroni-and-cheese, BBQ pork and caramelized onions in a sandwich, and it was incredible," said Ian Northorp, a food truck fan.
2. The Buttermilk Truck
Though it has a full menu, The Buttermilk Truck is most popular for breakfast, which it serves all day. Favorites include buttermilk doughnuts, red velvet chocolate chip pancakes and the Portuguese Slider, which includes Portuguese sausages along with eggs and spiked soy sauce on Hawaiian bread.
"Buttermilk's definitely my top 5, and it's the only one that does breakfast, so that's definitely a plus," said Santa Monica resident Jacob Wessel, a frequent customer.
3. Louks Greek Gourmet To Go
Louks Greek Gourmet To Go serves up Greek cuisine, like specialty kabobs, lamb chops, Greek salads and a very popular sweet and salty treat - honey and feta french fries. A lot of the ingredients are imported from Greece.
Here are the trucks rounding out the top 7:
4. The Green Truck
5. Baby's Badass Burgers
6. The Sweets Truck
7. The Nom Nom Truck
Food trucks are not exclusive to Los Angeles:
Orange County: Barcelona on the Go
Inland Empire: Doug the Coffee Guy's food truck
Ventura County: The Burger Bus
There's no way this list is complete. Share your favorite in the comments below!
food, save money / consumer news, alysha del valle
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Woman's remains, clothes found at Orange County wilderness park
- Malaysia missing jet: Focus turns to pilots
- Comedian David Brenner dies at age 78
- Gorman brush fire near full containment 18 min ago
- Tustin theater evacuated for investigation 37 min ago
- High-speed chase leads to arrests, 5 injuries
- Young woman's body found in Santa Paula park
- Brush fire erupts in Thermal, near Indio 21 min ago
- abcnews: NJ mom who hired hit man speaks out
- Ukraine: Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- Honda Odysseys recalled amid fuel leak fears
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report