ABC7 Traffic Center
Fatal accident closes all lanes of 101 South
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A fatal accident shut down all southbound lanes of the 101 Freeway in the Cahuenga Pass during Tuesday's morning commute.
The crash was reported at about 4:40 a.m. at Cahuenga Boulevard.
The California Highway Patrol was forced to close all lanes of the 101 South. The southbound lanes were closed until about 7 a.m., when two lanes were reopened, said CHP Officer Francisco Villalobos. The remaining three southbound lanes were reopened about 90 minutes later.
The name of the driver killed in the accident has not been released. No further information is available at this time.
accident, traffic delay, abc7 traffic center
- Malaysia missing jet may have turned back
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- 2 persons of interest sought in LB attack
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Stage collapse reported at Servite High School
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- Obama to preserve California federal lands
- abcnews: Teens save man stuck in sewer
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video
- more: Get personalized traffic reports and alerts
- map: Traffic view of areas north and west of L.A.
- map: Traffic view of areas east of L.A.
- map: Traffic view of Orange County
- map: Traffic view of the Inland Empire
- map: Traffic view of Ventura County
- map: Traffic view of 101/405 Interchange
- map: Traffic view of 5/10 Interchange
- map: Traffic view of San Diego County