Save Money / Consumer News
Reinvent wardrobe w/ clothes in your closet
WEST HOLLYWOOD, Calif. (KABC) -- Being on a budget doesn't mean you have to sacrifice summer style. ABC7 teamed up with Harper's Bazaar to give you ideas to reinvent your wardrobe with the clothes you already have.
"Now is the time to take a look at what you already have in your closet and take it up a notch," said Harper's Bazaar editor Jane Loddo.
It's all about reinterpreting what you already have stored away. For example, it's the perfect time to wear color. Put away the "little black dress" away and rejuvenate a dress like the one from designer Eli Tahari - strapless, bright orange and perfect for a summer wedding or evening out.
Another great summer staple is lightweight summer dresses.
"It's definitely the season of the summer dress," Loddo said, suggesting one like the blue Max Studio dress that features crochet detailing and a shorter hemline.
"Wear it with a flat sandal, a sexy high heel, or even with a pair of leggings for three different summer looks," Loddo said.
What about those graphic print shirts and tops in your closet? Loddo suggests pairing them with white bottoms.
"You really want to wear it with summer white, whether it's white denim jeans or white denim shorts for a really perfect summer look," Loddo said.
For the perfect summer shoe, dig in your closet for a strappy high-heeled sandal, like the studded heel from Vince Camuto.
"What we love about this sandal is the color. It's a tan, neutral, almost like a non-color, which goes with many of the items you already have in your closet," Loddo said.
Poke through the jewelry box at home and look for casual yet classic pieces.
"You really want to wear it every day and enjoy it," Loddo said.
Even if the jewelry is cubic zirconia, like the ones from designer Crislu, only your jeweler will know if it's faux.
Finally, if you do venture out to the mall, be selective and make sure your purchases work for you.
fashion, west hollywood, save money / consumer news, alysha del valle
- Jet aborts takeoff after gear failure in Pa. 17 min ago
- Missing plane sent satellite signals for hours
- 'Flasher' suspect sought for exposure in OC
- LAPD Officer Lee honored at funeral service
- Stalking arrest in WeHo murder-for-hire case 13 min ago
- Inmate escapes jail hours after sentencing
- Norwood pleads not guilty to weapons charge
- OC high-speed chase ends in police shooting
- SXSW continues in Austin after crash kills 2
- NYC explosion kills 8; rescuers resume search
- abcnews: Dog's healing effects on 2 wounded vets
- Bail refused for ex-NFL player Darren Sharper
- Amazon hikes Prime membership to $99 per year
- OTRC: Tina Fey talks 'Mean Girls' reunion rumors
- Intersection gets safety upgrades after death
1 min ago