Ventura County News
Firefighters battle Simi Valley brush fire
SIMI VALLEY, Calif. (KABC) -- Ventura County firefighters responded to a brush fire in Simi Valley Friday afternoon.
The fire was burning brush near Sequoia Ave. and Fitzgerald Rd. in Simi Valley. It started during the 5 p.m. hour.
Fire crews were working on the fire from the ground.
About 160 firefighters from departments from Ventura and L.A. counties and from the California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection battled the blaze.
The fire had burned about 15 acres Friday night. By 9 p.m. Friday, firefighters had the blaze 90 percent contained.
No structures were threatened.
No injuries were reported.
The cause of the fire was under investigation.
brush fire, fire, ventura county news
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd 9 min ago
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours 20 min ago
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Malaysia missing jet: Door possibly found
- 2 LAPD officers injured in West L.A. crash
- 2 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge 16 min ago
- Yucaipa woman arrested in husband's murder 12 min ago
- Dana Point shooting suspect sought by deputies 13 min ago
- Injured LAPD officer released from hospital
- Car bomb attack kills at least 42 in Iraq 32 min ago
- abcnews: Ex-FBI agent in captivity for 7 years
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks