You've Got To See This!
Barefoot Ariz. man burns feet on hot asphalt
PHOENIX (KABC) -- An Arizona man severely burned his feet when he walked barefoot across the street on a scorching hot day.
James Wankul was trying to catch the mailman Sunday when he burned his feet. The pain was enough to bring him to his knees.
According to firefighters, with triple digit temps, asphalt can reach up 150 degrees.
"I couldn't stand up. The pain was so bad in my feet. Both the right and the left feet had blistered all the way across the balls of my feet," described Wankul.
When neighbors saw Wankul fall to the ground from the searing pain, they were able to rescue him. At the hospital, he was treated for second degree burns.
The 78-year-old is recovering.
you've got to see this!
- Southern California heat expected to die down
- 4 stabbed at Fullerton bar; suspects sought
- IE pastor accused of paying boys for sex acts
- Malaysia asks countries for data to find jet
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Santa Ana crash leaves man critically injured
- Burbank man arrested in stabbing attack
- Some CA cities seek water independence
- abcnews: US travel advice from other countries
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession
- Chile earthquake: Magnitude-6.7 hits north coast 2 min ago
- Oprah to sell Harpo Studios for $32 million 11 min ago
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' top box office
- Photos: Billboard's 25 highest-paid musicians