You've Got To See This!
Barefoot Ariz. man burns feet on hot asphalt
PHOENIX (KABC) -- An Arizona man severely burned his feet when he walked barefoot across the street on a scorching hot day.
James Wankul was trying to catch the mailman Sunday when he burned his feet. The pain was enough to bring him to his knees.
According to firefighters, with triple digit temps, asphalt can reach up 150 degrees.
"I couldn't stand up. The pain was so bad in my feet. Both the right and the left feet had blistered all the way across the balls of my feet," described Wankul.
When neighbors saw Wankul fall to the ground from the searing pain, they were able to rescue him. At the hospital, he was treated for second degree burns.
The 78-year-old is recovering.
you've got to see this!
- Woman attacked at OC mall parking structure
- NKorea executes leader's uncle as a traitor
- 12 arrested, $2.5M in drugs seized in sting
- Ex-deputy convicted in fatal bar shooting
- Bell's Rizzo to plead guilty to tax evasion
- Blind, autistic piano prodigy inspires others
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense presents case
- House easily approves bipartisan budget bill
- abcnews: Ohio police chief slams Kanye West
- 4 stabbed in parking lot after Broncos game
- IKEA recalls lamp following death of child
- Giant lobster caught in Huntington Beach
- Redmond O'Neal testifies in Fawcett art case
- OTRC: Disney Channel film to feature Belle's son