Tips to get sexy arms in six weeks
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Celeb health and nutrition expert J.J. Virgin says you can get your arms looking sexier than ever in just six weeks.
"The one body part that you can really change quickly is your arms. In six weeks you can see tone," said Virgin.
Virgin, author of "Six Weeks to Sleeveless and Sexy," says you can say farewell to flabby arms with five steps.
"Eat right, exercise, sleep, stress, and of course show them," said Virgin.
First, food is whole and real. Artificial sweeteners and processed stuff is out. Carbohydrates are the low sugar kind. Proteins are lean with small amounts of heart healthy fats; such as a smattering of hummus or a sprinkle of nuts.
Other sleeveless secrets -- swap green tea for full fat lattes, open faced sandwiches cut calories and choose old fashioned oatmeal with cinnamon and nuts rather than the sugary packet kind. Every now and then have a smoothie in lieu of a meal.
"A good protein powder is great. Coconut milk is a good healthy fat that helps you burn fat," said Virgin. "Freshly ground flax seed keeps you fuller longer, and then berries because those antioxidants are great for our skin."
Good news, there's splurges. Since studies suggest a daily modest glass of wine can result in lower body mass index, that's allowed -- along with an occasional treat.
Now you know there has to be an exercise component to this program - and there is - and while there's no gym required, strength training and something Virgin calls cardio bursts are part of your life six days a week.
"Your lungs are burning. Your thighs are burning with cardio-bursting. Your burst all out for 30 to 60 seconds and then you recover for twice as long, "said Virgin.
With cardio bursting, you burst all out real hard for 30 - 60 seconds and then you recover twice as long and go all out again.
Repeat given the 10, 20, or 30 minutes allowed, alternating strength work on opposite days using weights that should never be easy to lift.
exercise, food coach, lori corbin
- Whittier standoff with hostage ends peacefully 18 min ago
- S. Korean ferry's slow evacuation probed 11 min ago
- E-cigarette ban in public to go into effect 26 min ago
- Bryan Singer's accuser talks alleged abuse
- Griffith Park mountain lion exposed to poison
- Sriracha owner considers moving plant to TX?
- Tenants receive relocation money from landlord
- Prop 8 lawyer's views on gay marriage changing
- Mount Everest avalanche kills at least 12 14 min ago
- Chelsea Clinton pregnant with 1st child
- abcnews: Victim's mom halts killer's execution
- Kittens accidentally shipped from LA to SD
- Key dates announced for 87th Oscars in 2015
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)