Los Angeles News
7-year-old boy shot in Norwalk park
NORWALK, Calif. (KABC) -- A 7-year-old boy has been wounded in a shooting in a Norwalk park, according to Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department officials.
The child was with his father at Holified Park when the shooting happened just about 7:40 p.m. Wednesday, officials said.
A fight broke out across the street from the park and the child was hit by a stray bullet, authorities said.
Authorities said the child was undergoing surgery at a hospital and was in stable condition.
Further details on the shooting were unavailable.
south los angeles, los angeles news
- Malaysia Airlines flight goes missing
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Fatal South LA fire determined suspicious
- Oxnard residents burglarize home
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- abcnews: Meat contaminated w/ LSD sickens family
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Former NFL player Sharper to stay in jail
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- OTRC: Ke$ha leaves rehab after 2 months