Los Angeles News
7-year-old boy shot in Norwalk park
NORWALK, Calif. (KABC) -- A 7-year-old boy has been wounded in a shooting in a Norwalk park, according to Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department officials.
The child was with his father at Holified Park when the shooting happened just about 7:40 p.m. Wednesday, officials said.
A fight broke out across the street from the park and the child was hit by a stray bullet, authorities said.
Authorities said the child was undergoing surgery at a hospital and was in stable condition.
Further details on the shooting were unavailable.
south los angeles, los angeles news
- Man found tied up, burned on 605 Freeway
- Boston bombing anniversary disrupted by hoax 9 min ago
- South Korea ferry sinks; 2 dead, 14 injured 25 min ago
- Victim's mother faces murder suspects in court
- State audit: Cudahy must repay $22.7 million 4 min ago
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- San Pedro Elks Lodge fire may be suspicious
- Murrieta suspect fixated on girls' socks
- Teen caught egging homeless woman in Lancaster
- abcnews: Conjoined twins leave Dallas hospital
- Photos: Boston Marathon bombing - 1 year later
- Google Glass raises public privacy concerns
- 'Fast & Furious' enlists Paul Walker's brothers
- OTRC: Ice Cube clarifies Paul Walker comments