ABC7 Traffic Center
More closures on 215 Freeway in Riverside
RIVERSIDE, Calif. (KABC) -- Get ready for another closure on the 215 Freeway in Riverside.
Caltrans crews will again investigate the bridge at the Chicago Avenue undercrossing again, but this time, it's shutting down the northbound lanes.
Chunks of concrete fell off the overpass on August 31. No one was hurt, but officials are investigating to determine the cause of the incident.
The original bridge was built in the 1960s, and then a new section was added a few years ago. The problem happened where the old and new bridge come together.
The 3, 4 and 5 lanes of the freeway will be closed on Tuesday between 10 a.m. and 5 p.m. from just north of the Blaine-Third Street overcrossing to just south of the 60-91-215 interchange.
The connecter to the westbound 91 Freeway will also be closed.
Last week, crews closed the southbound lanes for inspections.
Do you want the Eyewitness News team to call you? Get a FREE Morning Wake-up Call and personalized weather report at abc7.com/wakeup
riverside county, traffic delay, road closure, abc7 traffic center
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- Searchers cannot find object from missing jet
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Car bomb attack kills at least 42 in Iraq
- abcnews: Skydiver collides with plane in Fla.
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks
- more: Get personalized traffic reports and alerts
- map: Traffic view of areas north and west of L.A.
- map: Traffic view of areas east of L.A.
- map: Traffic view of Orange County
- map: Traffic view of the Inland Empire
- map: Traffic view of Ventura County
- map: Traffic view of 101/405 Interchange
- map: Traffic view of 5/10 Interchange
- map: Traffic view of San Diego County