Los Angeles News
Arrest made in fatal Pacoima hit-and-run
PACOIMA, Calif. (KABC) -- A suspected hit-and-run driver was arrested for allegedly striking and killing a man on a bicycle in Pacoima on Saturday.
Police said the incident happened at Laurel Canyon Boulevard and Chamberlain Street around 2 a.m.
Officials said the victim was treated at the scene and transported to Providence Holy Cross Medical Center in Mission Hills, where he later died.
Witnesses gave police a description of the vehicle and detectives tracked it down to make the arrest.
Authorities have not yet released the name or age of the victim pending notification of next of kin.
Anyone with more information was asked to call the LAPD's Valley Traffic Division at (818) 644-8000.
City News Service contributed to this report.
arrest, hit and run, los angeles news
- Secret Service probe Target security breach
- IE man who died in custody was high on PCP
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment 48 min ago
- Man convicted at 16 resentenced under new law 8 min ago
- Mulholland Bridge over I-405 finally opens
- $5.8M settlement reached in Calif. race crash
- 1 of 4 missing women found; mystery remains
- Harvard student admits to hoax to avoid final
- abcnews: DA pushes to jail 'affluenza' teen
- White House panel urges limit on NSA snooping
- Paul Walker crash: No mechanical issues
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- OTRC: Justin Bieber retiring? Manager responds
- Latest weather with Dallas Raines
33 min ago