Los Angeles News
Arrest made in fatal Pacoima hit-and-run
PACOIMA, Calif. (KABC) -- A suspected hit-and-run driver was arrested for allegedly striking and killing a man on a bicycle in Pacoima on Saturday.
Police said the incident happened at Laurel Canyon Boulevard and Chamberlain Street around 2 a.m.
Officials said the victim was treated at the scene and transported to Providence Holy Cross Medical Center in Mission Hills, where he later died.
Witnesses gave police a description of the vehicle and detectives tracked it down to make the arrest.
Authorities have not yet released the name or age of the victim pending notification of next of kin.
Anyone with more information was asked to call the LAPD's Valley Traffic Division at (818) 644-8000.
City News Service contributed to this report.
arrest, hit and run, los angeles news
- Malaysia Airlines flight goes missing 1 min ago
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash 42 min ago
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested 46 min ago
- 2 targeted in attempted kidnap, sexual battery
- Palms apartment fire: Woman found dead
- Smoke detectors crucial to avoid fire deaths
- 2 dead in apparent Long Beach murder-suicide
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- abcnews: Meat contaminated w/ LSD sickens family
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Ted Turner hospitalized in Argentine capital
- Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy'
- OTRC: Ke$ha leaves rehab after 2 months