Los Angeles News
Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa divorce finalized
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A Los Angeles judge has finalized Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa's divorce from his wife Corina.
Corina Villaraigosa filed her petition in Superior Court in June 2007, citing "irreconcilable differences" as the reason for the breakup.
At the time, the revelation of an extramarital affair surfaced between the mayor and TV newscaster Mirthala Salinas.
Villaraigosa later responded, saying he took the blame for the failure of his marriage. The court action ends the couple's 20 year marriage.
In 1994, Corina Villaraigosa submitted papers to end their the couple's marriage but the divorce was never finalized and they reconciled more than 2 years later.
The couple has two children.
legal, antonio villaraigosa, los angeles news
- Man high on meth terrorizes Covina family
- 4 stabbed at Fullerton bar; suspects sought
- IE pastor accused of paying boys for sex acts
- Malaysia asks countries for data to find jet
- Santa Monica building fire leaves 5 people hurt
- Santa Ana crash leaves man critically injured
- Male remains found in Gorman - investigators
- Some CA cities seek water independence
- abcnews: Delta plane loses part of wing mid-air
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession
- Chile earthquake: Magnitude-6.7 hits north coast
- Oprah to sell Harpo Studios for $32 million
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' top box office
- Photos: Billboard's 25 highest-paid musicians