Los Angeles News
Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa divorce finalized
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A Los Angeles judge has finalized Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa's divorce from his wife Corina.
Corina Villaraigosa filed her petition in Superior Court in June 2007, citing "irreconcilable differences" as the reason for the breakup.
At the time, the revelation of an extramarital affair surfaced between the mayor and TV newscaster Mirthala Salinas.
Villaraigosa later responded, saying he took the blame for the failure of his marriage. The court action ends the couple's 20 year marriage.
In 1994, Corina Villaraigosa submitted papers to end their the couple's marriage but the divorce was never finalized and they reconciled more than 2 years later.
The couple has two children.
legal, antonio villaraigosa, los angeles news
- Fallbrook bus crash: 1 dead, several injured 18 min ago
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona 24 min ago
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Rain, winds moving across Southern California
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- School hacking: Tutor wanted for questioning
- Rodman in NKorea to prep for basketball game
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- abcnews: Missing medical resident's car found
- Report finds bacteria on 97 percent of chicken 58 min ago
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Katie Couric's talk show to end this summer
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis