Inland Empire News
Corona teen raped on way home from school
CORONA, Calif. (KABC) -- Police released a sketch of a suspect who attacked a 13-year-old Corona girl who was on her way home from school on Thursday.
Authorities said the man grabbed her from behind at River Road and Cota Street and dragged her behind a business. The suspect then sexually assaulted the girl near a Dumpster.
The suspect fled the scene after the attack. The girl then ran home and told her parents about the attack.
Officers searched the area but didn't find the man, who was described as a Hispanic in his early 20s, about 5 foot 8 inches, 170 pounds, with a shaved head and an earring in his right ear. He was wearing a black shirt and black shorts at the time of the attack.
Anyone with information on the suspect is urged to call Corona police at (951) 817-5837.
City News Service contributed to this story.
sex crimes, sexual assault, riverside county, inland empire news
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured 57 min ago
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Malaysia missing jet: Door possibly found 37 min ago
- 2 persons of interest sought in LB attack
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- abcnews: Ex-FBI agent in captivity for 7 years
- Obama to preserve California federal lands
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video