ABC7 Traffic Center
1 killed, 2 hurt in 10 Fwy multiple car crash
MID-CITY, Calif. (KABC) -- A multiple car crash on the westbound 10 Freeway in Mid-City killed one motorist and injured two others on Monday.
The crash occurred around 4:45 a.m. near the Crenshaw Boulevard exit near Jefferson Park.
One female motorist died at the scene and two others suffered minor injuries. Officials also said a vehicle fire broke out.
All westbound lanes were shut down and traffic was snarled for at least two miles, said CHP. Drivers were encouraged to take side streets like Washington and Adams boulevards.
Lanes re-opened around 9:29 a.m. The crash was under investigation.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
road closure, car crash, fire, abc7 traffic center
- Water main break floods Santa Ana neighborhood 8 min ago
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train
- Bitcoin mystery: CA man denies being creator
- IE cross memorial removed after complaints
- Oxnard hit-and-run victim in critical condition
- OC man arrested for pot brownie sales to kids
- CSULB researchers launch 'Kelp Watch 2014'
- Dodger lot beating: federal gun indictments
- US economy adds 175,000 jobs in February 51 min ago
- Crimean, Russian politicians talk referendum 21 min ago
- abcnews: PA woman charged w/ teen's illegal abortion 58 min ago
- Factors that may lead to Alzheimer's disease
- Justin Bieber's urine test video released
- OTRC: Angelina Jolie talks 'Maleficent,' daughter
- more: Get personalized traffic reports and alerts
- map: Traffic view of areas north and west of L.A.
- map: Traffic view of areas east of L.A.
- map: Traffic view of Orange County
- map: Traffic view of the Inland Empire
- map: Traffic view of Ventura County
- map: Traffic view of 101/405 Interchange
- map: Traffic view of 5/10 Interchange
- map: Traffic view of San Diego County