Inland Empire News
Riverside school superintendent resigns
RIVERSIDE, Calif. (KABC) -- A Riverside school superintendent resigned after questions were raised about an alleged act of sexual misconduct in his past.
Dr. Richard Odegaard resigned Thursday night after just six months as the superintendent of Riverside Christian Schools.
Parents in the district went public with their concerns over a scandal in Odegaard's past, saying the school board had refused to meet with them. They say they learned through a private investigator that Odegaard had admitted to an act of sexual misconduct with a student 34 years ago.
In 2006, Odegaard resigned from another school over similar allegations, which investigators determined to be unfounded.
riverside county, school, sex crimes, inland empire news
- LAPD cop car crash: 1 officer dead, 1 injured 15 min ago
- Smoke detectors crucial to avoid fire deaths 40 min ago
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train
- Water main break floods Santa Ana neighborhood
- 2 dead in apparent Long Beach murder-suicide
- Baldwin Hills natural gas leak: Repairs done
- Beverly Hills High School gunman threat false
- Bitcoin mystery: CA man denies being creator
- Russia would welcome Crimea, says top lawmaker
- abcnews: PA woman charged w/ teen's illegal abortion
- US economy adds 175,000 jobs in February
- Pistorius told guard 'everything is fine'
- Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy'
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)