Inland Empire News
Body of woman found on side of 15 Freeway
MIRA LOMA, Calif. (KABC) -- The 15 Freeway became a crime scene after the body of a woman was found lying on the shoulder in Mira Loma.
While authorities are not saying how the woman died, they believe her death is a result of a homicide.
The California Highway Patrol responded to the scene shortly before midnight on Sunday and found a female victim on the side of the road. Drivers heading north on the 15 Freeway had been calling 911 regarding the body.
Initially, officers thought the victim had been hit by a vehicle, but after further investigation, it was determined that the victim had injuries consistent with a homicide. Authorities have not released what type of injuries the victim suffered.
"She had suffered injuries that were consistent with foul play, and now she's considered a victim of a homicide," said Sgt. Joe Borja of the Riverside County Sheriff's Department.
Officials said the victim is a 26-year-old Hispanic woman. The victim's name has not been released pending notification of next of kin.
The investigation shut down all but one lane of the 15 North from Limonite Avenue to Cantu-Galleano Ranch Road, and traffic was backed up for several miles. All lanes were reopened by 8 a.m.
Anyone with information is urged to call the Riverside County Sheriff's Department at (951) 955-2777.
homicide investigation, body found, murder, riverside county, inland empire news
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case 56 min ago
- Fontana suspect escapes from police station 57 min ago
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe 55 min ago
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Malaysia missing jet: Stolen passports probed
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Port Authority records tied to chair subpoenaed
- Parents distracted by devices, study says 14 min ago
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- 'The Bachelor' finale: 5 things to know...