Orange County News
Suspected drunk driver kills OC father, son
BUENA PARK, Calif. (KABC) -- A suspected drunk driver hit and killed a father and son, who were on their way to a debate and speech tournament for the boy's school.
The crash happened at Crescent and Knott avenues about 5:30 a.m. on Saturday.
Steven Uselton and his 17-year-old son Douglas were killed.
Police said Angel Lopez from Anaheim was driving west on Crescent Avenue when he hit the Useltons' car.
Lopez, 18, was booked on suspicion of two counts of vehicular manslaughter while intoxicated.
Douglas Uselton was a senior at Oxford Academy. He was a star baseball and basketball player.
Worried teachers from the school called his house when the teen and his father didn't arrive at the speech tournament.
Grief counselors were later made available to Uselton's teammates.
City News Service contributed to this report.
dui, arrest, car crash, orange county news
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen
- SKorea ferry accident: 10 more bodies pulled
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- Orange County carport collapses; no one hurt
- East Hollywood fire: Garage heavily damaged
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal
- Free admission offered to all national parks
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Documents detail another delayed GM recall
- Mickey Rooney buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour