Los Angeles News
Storm-closed PCH lanes could open on Monday
MALIBU, Calif. (KABC) -- A nearly 10-mile stretch of Pacific Coast Highway near the Ventura County line could re-open as early as 6 p.m. Monday.
A rockslide closed PCH from Yerba Buena Rd. to Las Posas Rd. on December 19.
Since then, crews have been cleaning up debris and removing loose boulders that could fall on the highway.
Rocks and about 3 feet of mud collected in some spots due to the slide.
Geologists from Caltrans say they need to make sure the hills are stable before re-opening the road.
road closure, pacific coast highway, los angeles news
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed 18 min ago
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures 15
- 'X-Men' director accused of sexual assault
- Arsonist sought in San Pedro Elks Lodge fire
- Female pedestrian struck, killed in Riverside 10 min ago
- Police: 2 South LA fires may be connected 31 min ago
- LAX Terminal 7 partially evacuated over threat 18 min ago
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W 58 min ago
- Operation Crossover targets liquor thieves
- Solvang ordnance scare prompts evacuations
- abcnews: Conjoined twins see sunlight for 1st time
- Oscar Pistorius trial: Forensic expert faulted
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- OTRC: Will Arnett files for divorce from Poehler