Orange County News
Baby born on side of I-605 in Los Alamitos
LOS ALAMITOS, Calif. (KABC) -- A baby girl was born on the shoulder of the 605 Freeway in Los Alamitos early Monday morning.
It happened just after 1 a.m. when mom and dad sped on their way to a hospital when mom realized her future daughter's patience had run out near the Katella off-ramp.
"The family was on line with 911, dad delivered the baby himself and police arrived minutes later," said Susan Morales, spokeswoman for the Los Alamitos Medical Center.
Paramedics from the Orange County Fire Authority took the mother and her newborn girl to the hospital.
Both were calm and happy, Morales said.
As for the highway delivery, paramedics say the 605 Freeway seems to be a pretty popular place for grand entrances.
"Actually, it's my second time on this stretch of freeway, believe it or not," said Austin Brawner, who has been a firefighter-paramedic for a year and a half.
birth, unbelievable, orange county news, rob hayes
- LA earthquake: 4.4-mag. quake shakes SoCal
- Body found at Anaheim trash center identified
- Video: Stranded man rescued from Castaic crash
- Russia calls on Ukraine to be a federal state
- Man high on meth terrorizes Covina family
- IE pastor accused of paying boys for sex acts
- Newport Beach Little League suspension lifted
- Santa Monica building fire leaves 5 people hurt
- Some CA cities seek water independence
- SEALs take oil tanker from Libyan rebels 13 min ago
- Malaysia asks countries for data to find jet
- abcnews: Delta plane loses part of wing mid-air
- Oprah to sell Harpo Studios for $32 million
- OTRC: 'The Walking Dead' recap: Season 4, ep 14