Inland Empire News
Dead baby found in San Bernardino alley
SAN BERNARDINO, Calif. (KABC) -- The body of a newborn baby girl was discovered in black trash bags in a San Bernardino alley Saturday, according to police.
A woman was cleaning up the alley on the 4300 block of Sierra Way just after noon when she discovered the remains.
Police say she was a full-term baby, possibly Hispanic, around five or six pounds and her umbilical cord was still attached.
It's unclear whether the baby was born dead or alive.
"I've got four boys. I just can't handle that, that's messed up," said San Bernardino resident Charles Woods. "That hurt me and that's no kin to me, so I don't understand how somebody can do that."
Investigators are now searching for the mother of the child. The coroner's office is helping with the investigation.
san bernardino county, body found, inland empire news
- Bryan Singer's accuser talks alleged abuse
- Whittier police standoff forces evacuations
- Investigators reenact fatal NorCal bus crash
- Prop 8 lawyer's views on gay marriage changing
- Sriracha owner considers moving plant to TX?
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W
- Tenants receive relocation money from landlord
- Mount Everest avalanche: 6 killed, 9 missing
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed
- abcnews: Victim's mom halts killer's execution
- Chelsea Clinton pregnant with 1st child
- Kittens accidentally shipped from LA to SD
- Key dates announced for 87th Oscars in 2015
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)