Save Money / Consumer News
Top 7 Valentine's Day spots around LA area
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- There are many romantic spots to spend Valentine's Day across Southern California, but which are the best? ABC7 teams up with Citysearch.com to find the top 7 places to take your valentine.
1. Cliff's Edge
Romance blooms at Cliff's Edge in Silver Lake.
"You really feel like you're in some tropical getaway. This place doesn't even have a sign out front, so it's really a hidden find," said Mar Yvette of Citysearch.com.
The restaurant features Italian and French cuisine with a California twist, like their perfectly seared filet mignon topped with gorgonzola, or their diver scallops, tiger shrimp and saffron risotto.
Guests enjoy an outdoor patio garden, where candles and lights create a magical environment.
"It's going to be a weekend of love," said Pierre Casanova of Cliff's Edge.
2. Osteria La Buca
With a retractable roof, a warm fireplace and delicious recipes from all regions of Italy, Osteria La Buca is a perfect place to spend Valentine's Day.
"This place is just cozy. It's very romantic; it kind of makes you want to scoot closer to your partner," Yvette said.
Couples can feast on a four-course, prix fixe meal with fresh oysters, Brazilian picana steak and a decadent chocolate dessert. For those planning to pop the question, Jack Van Der Hidde of Osteria La Buca says dinner is free.
"If you bring the ring and pop the question, dinner is on us," he said.
3. L.A. Zoo
The L.A. Zoo is hosting the second annual Sex and the City Zoo. For animal lovers 21 and over, it's a wild and unique way to celebrate.
Zoo veterans will lecture on animal mating and cohabitating, and festivities include desserts and wines. Proceeds benefit wildlife conservation.
Here are the Valentine's Day locations rounding out the top 7:
4. Supper Club in Hollywood
5. Takami in downtown L.A.
6. Culina in Beverly Hills
7. Gladstones in Malibu
Romantic places to spend Valentine's Day are, of course, not exclusive to Los Angeles:
Orange County: Anaheim White House in Anaheim
Inland Empire: Mission Inn in Riverside
Ventura County: Candlelight Kitchen & Bar in Ventura (211 E. Santa Clara St., (805) 643-3264)
There's no way this list is complete. Share your favorite in the comments below!
top 7, save money / consumer news, alysha del valle
Also SeeStory:Top 7 Valentine's Day spots around LA area
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen 5 min ago
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- LA Times building threat: Man detained by LAPD
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal 52 min ago
- Man's body found in vehicle in San Bernardino
- Aide to councilman linked to armed robbery
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- 4.3-magnitude earthquake strikes Kern County
- Earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- SKorean sunken ferry captain, 2 crew arrested
- Katharine McPhee stars in romantic TV film
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour