Los Angeles News
Man shot by police after pursuit in East LA
EAST LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- There was a deputy-involved shooting in East Los Angeles after a short high-speed pursuit on Monday night.
It happened at Boswell Place and Sunol Drive around 8:20 p.m.
Deputies said the chase started when a man, wanted for assault on an officer, pointed a gun at another officer at Indiana Street and Olympic Boulevard.
It ended about five minutes later at a second location when the suspect again pointed a gun and deputies fired.
The suspect was taken to the hospital in critical condition.
No deputies were hurt.
deputy-involved shooting, east los angeles, los angeles news
- Spaccia convicted in Bell corruption trial 38 min ago
- 18 indicted in LA Sheriff's Dept abuse probe
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions 16 min ago
- Houseguest arrested after 80-year-old's death
- Glendale man gets 5 yrs in 'sextortion' case
- 'Button-down' Bandit' strikes Corona bank
- Man arrested for Ventura transient's murder
- Ex-SD Mayor Filner sentenced for harassment 42 min ago
- Storm snarls travel; power outages persist
- abcnews: Gun makers thriving year after Newtown
- North Korea purges Kim Jong Un's uncle
- 'Sound of Music' actress Eleanor Parker dies
- Jenni Rivera plane crash: New details emerge
- OTRC: Meredith Baxter weds partner Nancy Locke