Los Angeles News
Pico Rivera gang member's tattoo leads to murder conviction
PICO RIVERA, Calif. (KABC) -- A Pico Rivera gang member's tattoo leads to his conviction in a 2004 murder case.
The shooting death of 23-year-old John Juarez outside of a liquor store in Pico Rivera had stumped Los Angeles County Sheriff's investigators for four years.
In 2008, while looking though photos of tattooed gang members, they noticed what appeared to be a detailed scene of the liquor store murder inked across 22-year-old Anthony Garcia's chest.
Investigators compared crime scene photos of the liquor store with the tattoo and found startling similarities.
Garcia was arrested on Oct. 2008, and shortly after confessed to the murder. He was convicted of first degree murder and is scheduled to be sentenced in May.
murder, shooting, pico rivera, los angeles news
- Spaccia convicted in Bell corruption trial
- 18 indicted in LA Sheriff's Dept abuse probe
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions
- Houseguest arrested after 80-year-old's death
- OCTA votes against 405 Freeway toll lanes
- Informant speaks out on jail abuse probe 27 min ago
- Glendale man gets 5 yrs in 'sextortion' case
- 'Button-down' Bandit' strikes Corona bank
- Ex-SD Mayor Filner sentenced for harassment
- abcnews: Gun makers thriving year after Newtown
- Storm snarls travel; power outages persist
- How healthy is flavoring up your water? 22 min ago
- Jenni Rivera plane crash: New details emerge
- OTRC: Meredith Baxter weds partner Nancy Locke
- Shop for gifts in Downtown LA this Christmas
9 min ago
- Latest weather with Dallas Raines
5 min ago