Inland Empire News
Pursuit suspect hits Fontana officer w/ car
FONTANA, Calif. (KABC) -- A police pursuit ended in Fontana with three people getting hurt, including the suspect and an officer.
The incident happened in the 8200 block of Madrona Drive. Officials said they got a disturbance call around 9 p.m. Monday.
When officers arrived, they approached Anthony Archuleta, 28, at his car and told him to stop. The suspect kept on driving and struck an officer. The officer was hospitalized with minor injuries.
Officers chased Archuleta. According to authorities, the suspect was shot in the hand by police. The pursuit ended when he crashed into another vehicle with a pregnant woman in it.
Archuleta was arrested and taken to the hospital, where he is expected to be OK.
The pregnant woman was hospitalized as a precaution, but she and her baby should be fine.
pursuit, car chase, officer-involved shooting, inland empire news, elex michaelson
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen
- SKorea ferry accident: 10 more bodies pulled
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- Orange County carport collapses; no one hurt
- East Hollywood fire: Garage heavily damaged
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal
- Free admission offered to all national parks
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Documents detail another delayed GM recall
- Mickey Rooney buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour