You've Got To See This!
'Tornado dog' crawls on broken legs to family
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (KABC) -- Almost three weeks after deadly tornadoes tore through Alabama, an incredible story of survival has emerged about a dog that crawled home to its family on two broken legs.
Mason, a terrier mix, was picked up and swept away by a tornado. His family searched but could not find him.
Then Monday, two and a half weeks later, they came back home to sift through the debris and found Mason waiting for them on the porch.
"They've not been able to be in alignment so neither one of them have healed, so he had to crawl on two broken legs to get home," said veterinary Dr. Barbara Benhart.
"This is probably the most dramatic we've seen as far as an injury in an animal that's survived this long," said Phil Doster, an animal-shelter worker.
A veterinarian has volunteered to take Mason in and nurse him back to health.
animal news, unbelievable, you've got to see this!
- Flasher strikes UC Riverside, community college
- Man killed in South Los Angeles hit-and-run
- Trailer spills rocks on westbound 10 Freeway
- Claremont sexual predator charged with felonies
- Suspicious bag found on the tarmac at LAX 41 min ago
- Two men arrested in Simi Valley car thefts
- Anaheim fire: House had pack rat conditions
- Man found dead outside fumigated OC house
- Victory for mom who sued TSA over breast milk
- Murder suspect worried tattoo might hurt case
- abcnews: Navy officer reunited with wife, daughters
- Object found in Australia likely not from jet
- 4 Hollywood execs deny sexual abuse claims
- OTRC: Laura Prepon reacts to Tom Cruise rumors