2 dead, up to 15 injured in Wash. bus crash
CLE ELUM, Wash. (KABC) -- Two people were killed and several others were injured after a tour bus crashed in central Washington.
Shortly before 6 p.m. Saturday, officials said the bus hit a truck that was parked on the shoulder of Interstate 90 in Cle Elum, Wash., a city about 80 miles east of Seattle.
That's when the bus careened onto its side.
Moments later, a car trying to avoid the accident crossed into the center median and crashed.
Officials said the bus was carrying soccer fans from a game in Seattle and was headed to Moses Lake.
It was not clear what caused the bus to crash into the truck.
A man and a woman on the bus were killed, and a man who was standing by the disabled truck was seriously injured and taken by helicopter to a Seattle hospital.
As many as 14 others in the three vehicles were believed to have minor injuries, but officials were not able to provide an exact count.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
car crash, national news
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- Searchers cannot find object from missing jet
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Car bomb attack kills at least 42 in Iraq
- abcnews: Skydiver collides with plane in Fla.
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks