Los Angeles News
Section of 405 Freeway to be closed weekend of July 16-17
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The 405 Freeway through the Sepulveda Pass will undergo a lengthy closure in mid-July.
A 10-mile section of the 405, between the 10 Freeway and the 101 Freeway, is scheduled to be closed for 53 hours on the weekend of July 15-17 to begin demolishing the north side of the Mulholland Bridge as part of the $1 billion Sepulveda Pass Improvements Project. On-ramps are scheduled to close beginning at 7 p.m. Friday and full lane closures could begin as early as 10 p.m.
Only local residents are to use Sepulveda Boulevard as an alternate route, according to the Los Angeles Metropolitan Transportation Authority.
Drivers are being warned to expect severe traffic on freeways and streets in the area. Freeway message signs in neighboring counties are expected to have updates for motorists.
Motorists are advised to use alternate freeways within the region, including the 5, 15, 23, 55, 57, 101, 118, 126, 210, 605 and 710 freeways, and public transportation, including Metro Rail service and Metrolink, to bypass the impacted area. Additional alternate route information will be made available on the project web site at www.metro.net/405.
With access to the Getty Center essentially eliminated due to the freeway closure, the museum will be closed to visitors during the weekend of July 16-17.
Beat Carmageddon with ABC7
The 405 shuts down the weekend of July 16-17, and ABC7 Eyewitness News is your home for the latest traffic news and information. Follow @abc7 and @BeatCarmageddon on Twitter, and use the hash tag #abc7traffic.
ABC7 has also partnered with Waze to help navigate the traffic. Download the Waze app, which provides free turn-by-turn GPS navigation based on the live conditions of the road. Join the community of drivers in Southern California today and beat Carmageddon.
I-405 closure, carmageddon, construction, road closure, los angeles news
- LA supervisors criticize Baca amid jail probe
- UC Riverside employee diagnosed w/ meningitis
- Bipartisan negotiators reach modest budget deal
- $50K reward announced in murder of 7-year-old
- FBI arrest several alleged MS-13 gang members
- Man burns to death, may have been stealing gas
- Auto thefts up in CA after realignment -study
- SD man charged in 'revenge porn' site case
- Eastern snowstorm brings closures, delays
- abcnews: Alleged cow abuse at DiGiorno supplier
- Bariatric surgery improves health over years 9 min ago
- US Navy sailor surprises family on ABC comedy
- Gabor Xmas party to go on amid spending fight
- OTRC: Kate Winslet, Ned RocknRoll welcome baby
- Nativity scene stolen from Temecula yard
50 min ago