Los Angeles News
Fire breaks out at Atwater Village furniture factory
ATWATER VILLAGE, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Firefighters battled a blaze at a furniture factory in Atwater Village at the border of Glendale on Wednesday night.
About 100 firefighters responded to the fire that broke out just after 9 p.m. at Haute House at 3053 Fierro St., which is in a commercial area next to Forest Lawn-Glendale. A nearby transformer also caught fire and was sparking.
No injuries had been reported, and there was no indication as to a cause, or if the fire was suspicious in nature.
According to reports, firefighters pulled back and let the fire burn at the 100-foot-by-75-foot building.
Glendale and Burbank firefighters helped Los Angeles crews with the blaze.
Haute House is a design and manufacturing company for home furnishing.
The Associated Press and City News Service contributed to this report.
fire, los angeles news, leanne suter
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Malaysia missing jet: Door possibly found
- Hiker becomes ill, dies at Runyon Canyon Park 3 min ago
- 2 LAPD officers injured in West L.A. crash
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge 45 min ago
- Dana Point shooting suspect sought by deputies 43 min ago
- State oversight may tame California pot shops 33 min ago
- Car bomb attack kills at least 42 in Iraq
- abcnews: Ex-FBI agent in captivity for 7 years
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks