Los Angeles News
Man, 60, run over and killed in Sylmar
SYLMAR, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Police say a 60-year-old man was run over with a car and killed near his home in Sylmar on Tuesday evening.
Paramedics and police were called about 8:15 p.m. to the 13000 block of Bradley Avenue. The man's body was found next to a damaged vehicle.
Neighbors said they heard a loud crash and when they ran outside saw the man and another victim.
"There was a crashed car on the sidewalk with somebody underneath that car," Wayne Warren said. "There was a second victim that was laying on the concrete in a wife beater T-shirt. His whole face was full of lacerations, his heart was racing, I was on the phone with paramedics at that point."
The injured man was taken to a hospital.
One person who was in the car was detained at the scene, but was not arrested.
None of the men's identities were immediately released.
"We have detectives responding, Mission-area homicide detectives are responding, as are Valley Traffic Division detectives," said Capt. John Romero of the Los Angeles Police Department. "They're in the early stages. We don't really know exactly what happened, what the circumstances are, what the motivation might be, if any."
Police are trying to determine if it was a traffic incident or a domestic dispute that turned deadly. However, they are investigating the incident as a homicide.
homicide investigation, los angeles news
- Man found tied up, burned on 605 Freeway 56 min ago
- Boston bombing anniversary disrupted by hoax 28 min ago
- Victim's mother faces murder suspects in court
- San Pedro Elks Lodge fire may be suspicious
- State audit: Cudahy must repay $22.7 million 6 min ago
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- Murrieta suspect fixated on girls' socks
- Teen caught egging homeless woman in Lancaster
- abcnews: Conjoined twins leave Dallas hospital
- Photos: Boston Marathon bombing - 1 year later
- South Korea ferry sinks; hundreds rescued 41 min ago
- Google Glass raises public privacy concerns
- 'Fast & Furious' enlists Paul Walker's brothers
- OTRC: Ice Cube clarifies Paul Walker comments
- Latest weather with Dallas Raines
28 min ago