Renee "Lucky" Williams arraigned on three felony charges
FLINT -- (07/01/11) -- Renee "Lucky" Williams, the person of interest in the shooting death of Flint attorney and civil rights activist C. Frederick Robinson, has been charged with three felonies, but not murder.
Williams was arraigned by video Friday afternoon.
She pleaded with 68th District Court Judge M. Cathy Dowd when it came time to talk about bond.
"If I know that I'm innocent. Why would I run? I would not run by no means necessary, but Ms. Dowd if you grant me this chance...I promise you I won't be a flight risk. I'd turn in anything that there is that I have to give to you. I will not be a flight risk. I'm fixing to take chances in the court then to take my chances running for rest of my life. That's not what I'm trying to show you."
Dowd set her bond at $250,000 cash. She then reconsidered and upped her bond to $750,000 after pointing out Williams had been in prison, considered a flight risk and couldn't remember the name of her attorney.
Williams admitted she had previously been in prison for armed robbery. "I did 6-15 years," she said. She added that she has been off probation since January. Online Michigan Department of Correction records show that's when she was released from prison.
Williams, at last check, remained in jail Friday night. She is charged with three felonies related to C. Frederick Robinson's murder, but not murder itself. Investigators allege Williams stole his car, a 2006 Pontiac, kept it and then also used his debit card.
Robinson was murdered in his home Friday, June 17. Williams was named a person of interest the following Tuesday and arrested in Flint one week later. She has another court hearing scheduled for July 6.
crime, death, flint, local, lori dougovito
- Glendale Galleria $85K bracelet thief sought 35 min ago
- Colorado shooting victim dies at hospital
- Reseda shooting suspect ID'ed as Iraq war vet
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts
- Van Nuys arsonist suspect sought by LAFD 29 min ago
- LA family seeks justice after deputy shooting
- HB riot suspect sentenced to 12 days in jail 26 min ago
- US holiday travelers brace for ice and snow
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs 15 min ago
- Arkansas tornadoes injure 5, damage homes
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- SUV makers unveil new efficient features
- Amy Adams talks playing sexy con artist
- OTRC: Chuck Norris spoofs Van Damme's 'Epic Split'