Los Angeles News
Boy, 4, dies after falling from 3rd floor of building
MARINA DEL REY, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A 4-year-old boy has died after falling out of a third-floor apartment window in Marina del Rey on Sunday night.
The incident happened at the Mira Bella Apartments on Marina Pointe Drive. The boy, identified as 4-year-old Niko Laurie, landed on a walkway below the apartment.
He was rushed to UCLA Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead at 2:44 a.m. Monday.
LAPD Sgt. Kevin Lowe says the boy fell from a bunk bed next to a window while playing a game with friends. The boy landed on concrete.
According to police, the boy's stepmother and a friend sat talking in the other room a very short distance away, and it took a split second for him to fall out of his bedroom window.
Investigators say no criminal charges will be filed, but authorities want the painful loss to be a reminder to parents to always be aware of placing furniture next to open windows and other environmental hazards - and to always watch your children.
accident, los angeles news, rudabeh shahbazi
- Car rally held in honor of actor Paul Walker 5 min ago
- Nelson Mandela remembered at South LA church
- Man wakes up locked inside dark empty plane
- Storm moves out of SoCal; cold air remains 18 min ago
- Pasadena apartment fire caused by heater
- Body of woman found on 5 Freeway in Santa Ana
- 2 sought in Lancaster home invasion robberies
- Rancho Santa Margarita crash leaves 5 injured
- VC suspicious death investigation underway
- abcnews: Couple accused of Craigslist murder
- Cold weather brings flight cancellations
- Ukraine capital facing anti-govt protest
- 'Frozen' tops box office in its 2nd week
- OTRC: Susan Boyle's Asperger's Syndrome diagnosis