Schwarzenegger and Shriver's son hospitalized
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Arnold Schwarzenegger and Maria Shriver's son has been hospitalized after a serious accident at the beach.
The accident happened in Malibu last weekend, and 13-year-old Christopher has reportedly been in the ICU for days.
According to People magazine, Christopher Schwarzenegger was injured while boogie boarding, suffering a collapsed lung, broken bones and broken ribs.
"It has been a very scary week, Christopher is surrounded by his family and friends," Shriver and Schwarzenegger said in a joint statement.
According to the statement, Christopher is expected to make a full recovery.
"On behalf of our entire family, we want to sincerely thank the paramedics and lifeguards who responded so swiftly, as well as the doctors, nurses, emergency room and hospital staff who have cared for our son," the statement says. "They have been extraordinary to him and to us. We thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers and ask for respect and privacy for Christopher and our family."
The couple's 17-year-old son Patrick tweeted on Friday, "Thank you everyone for your messages about my brother. This kid is strongest kid I ever seen. Keep praying."
Katherine Schwarzenegger, 21, also tweeted support for her little brother.
"Thank you guys for ur concern and prayers for my baby brother! He's a tough little guy and getting better! Please keep praying for him! Xo," she said in the tweet.
arnold schwarzenegger, divorce, celebrity, california news
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal 4 min ago
- Mountain lion roams Hollywood Hills - video
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane 33 min ago
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- LA Co. focuses on stormwater capture projects
- Business leaders concerned about LADWP
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- 39-year-old man found dead in Apple Valley
- 5-alarm fire destroys San Francisco building
- Colorado triple homicide: Friend arrested
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Elderly man fights off burglar with hammer
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Keith Richards releasing children's book