Schwarzenegger and Shriver's son hospitalized
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Arnold Schwarzenegger and Maria Shriver's son has been hospitalized after a serious accident at the beach.
The accident happened in Malibu last weekend, and 13-year-old Christopher has reportedly been in the ICU for days.
According to People magazine, Christopher Schwarzenegger was injured while boogie boarding, suffering a collapsed lung, broken bones and broken ribs.
"It has been a very scary week, Christopher is surrounded by his family and friends," Shriver and Schwarzenegger said in a joint statement.
According to the statement, Christopher is expected to make a full recovery.
"On behalf of our entire family, we want to sincerely thank the paramedics and lifeguards who responded so swiftly, as well as the doctors, nurses, emergency room and hospital staff who have cared for our son," the statement says. "They have been extraordinary to him and to us. We thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers and ask for respect and privacy for Christopher and our family."
The couple's 17-year-old son Patrick tweeted on Friday, "Thank you everyone for your messages about my brother. This kid is strongest kid I ever seen. Keep praying."
Katherine Schwarzenegger, 21, also tweeted support for her little brother.
"Thank you guys for ur concern and prayers for my baby brother! He's a tough little guy and getting better! Please keep praying for him! Xo," she said in the tweet.
arnold schwarzenegger, divorce, celebrity, california news
- Fallbrook bus crash: 1 dead, several injured
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- School hacking: Tutor wanted for questioning
- Rodman in NKorea to prep for basketball game
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- abcnews: Missing medical resident's car found
- Report finds bacteria on 97 percent of chicken
- Local woman receives seizure-treating implant 54 min ago
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis