Nudestock music fest kicks off near San Diego
JACUMBA, Calif. (KABC) -- A three-day music festival hosted by a clothing-optional community is under way at a community east of San Diego.
The event, known as Nudestock, is being hosted by the DeAnza Springs Resort near Jacumba.
Six bands are playing through Sunday at the resort for spectators who may or may not be wearing any clothing.
The resort's owner said the biggest misconception is that the festival and the resort itself is all about sex.
"We get a lot of that, and they're just uninformed. We are a family club. Just the total freedom, it's a great way to live," said the owner.
DeAnza Springs currently has about 700 members. That makes it the ninth largest nudist club in America.
san diego, california news
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- Malaysia air force: Jet may have turned back
- Business leaders concerned about LADWP 4 min ago
- Roommate arrested in Westmont homicide
- 39-year-old man found dead in Apple Valley 53 min ago
- Portion of 405 South to close for 2 nights
- 5 measles cases in Orange County confirmed
- 5-alarm fire burns at San Francisco building
- Colorado triple homicide: Friend arrested
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Keith Richards releasing children's book
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
34 min ago