Inland Empire News
Woman killed outside Teazers Nightclub in Victorville
VICTORVILLE, Calif. (KABC) -- Authorities are searching for a suspect in connection to a hit-and-run accident that killed a woman Friday outside a Victorville nightclub.
Detectives say it began with an argument inside Teazers Bar & Nightclub and ended in the parking lot when the suspect tried to get away and ran over an innocent bystander, 29-year-old Damisha Ford.
"Apparently, there was a disturbance inside the nightclub, which then as the patrons where leaving the inside of the nightclub going out into the parking lot area, that altercation continued," said Jodie Miller of the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department.
According to investigators, a group of people were upset with a man in the club and began to argue with him. The confrontation spilled out into the parking lot after security guards pushed the crowd outside and called authorities. That's when the unidentified man jumped into a 2009 Dodge Charger and tried to leave.
"Other patrons attempted to block him into the driveway area keeping him from being able to leave, at which time numerous patrons were throwing items at the vehicle also apparently jumping on the vehicle," Miller said.
Investigators say the man then threw the car into reverse and struck Ford. The suspect then sped off through the parking lot as security guards, who were licensed to carry firearms, opened fire on him.
A few blocks away, investigators found the car but not the driver. Investigators said the suspect was not the registered owner of the car.
Ford was flown to the hospital where she was pronounced dead from her injuries.
Anyone with information is asked to call investigators at (800) 782-7463.
san bernardino county, hit and run, inland empire news, leticia juarez
- Malaysia missing jet: 'Every angle' probed 49 min ago
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- abcnews: Dog helps Army vet overcome PTSD
- Car bomb attack kills at least 42 in Iraq
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks