Inland Empire News
Woman killed outside Teazers Nightclub in Victorville
VICTORVILLE, Calif. (KABC) -- Authorities are searching for a suspect in connection to a hit-and-run accident that killed a woman Friday outside a Victorville nightclub.
Detectives say it began with an argument inside Teazers Bar & Nightclub and ended in the parking lot when the suspect tried to get away and ran over an innocent bystander, 29-year-old Damisha Ford.
"Apparently, there was a disturbance inside the nightclub, which then as the patrons where leaving the inside of the nightclub going out into the parking lot area, that altercation continued," said Jodie Miller of the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department.
According to investigators, a group of people were upset with a man in the club and began to argue with him. The confrontation spilled out into the parking lot after security guards pushed the crowd outside and called authorities. That's when the unidentified man jumped into a 2009 Dodge Charger and tried to leave.
"Other patrons attempted to block him into the driveway area keeping him from being able to leave, at which time numerous patrons were throwing items at the vehicle also apparently jumping on the vehicle," Miller said.
Investigators say the man then threw the car into reverse and struck Ford. The suspect then sped off through the parking lot as security guards, who were licensed to carry firearms, opened fire on him.
A few blocks away, investigators found the car but not the driver. Investigators said the suspect was not the registered owner of the car.
Ford was flown to the hospital where she was pronounced dead from her injuries.
Anyone with information is asked to call investigators at (800) 782-7463.
san bernardino county, hit and run, inland empire news, leticia juarez
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero' 20 min ago
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen
- SKorea ferry accident: 10 more bodies pulled
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- Orange County carport collapses; no one hurt
- East Hollywood fire: Garage heavily damaged
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal
- Free admission offered to all national parks
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Documents detail another delayed GM recall
- Mickey Rooney buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour