Los Angeles News
UCLA student fighting in Libya sent back to US by rebels
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A UCLA student who went to fight with rebel soldiers in Libya was apparently sent back to the U.S.
An Al Jazeera producer said his correspondents in Libya learned that rebels told Chris Jeon to leave the area. Jeon was last seen on a truck headed to Benghazi.
The 21-year-old math major, who has no military experience, told reporters that he went to Libya to offer his support to the rebels.
He bought a one-way ticket to Cairo and then made his way to the front lines of fighting in Libya.
Jeon's parents did not know their son had gone to Libya until journalists told them.
los angeles news
- Search widens for missing Malaysian jet
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- IE suspect found after escaping from police
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video
- Photos: 'Bachelor' Juan Pablo kisses 5 contestants