800-lb alligator caught in Florida waters
HOBE SOUND, Fla. (KABC) -- A 160-pound teen caught an 800-pound alligator in Florida.
Tim Stroh from Hobe Sound harpooned the 12-foot monster of a gator while on a family hunting trip. He taped its 28-inch jaws shut and hauled its massive body into the boat with the help of two other men.
"I had adrenaline pumping through me and I was just like 'oh my God,'" said Stroh. "It came up and it was popping its jaw and stuff, holy alligator."
The alligator is now being stored in the family's freezer. Stroh's father is a taxidermist and plans to mount the gator's head so he can put it in his room.
Although impressive, Florida Fish and Wildlife officials say there have been bigger.
The longest gator caught in the Sunshine State was more than 14 feet long, and the heaviest weighed over 1,000 pounds.
animal news, bizarre news
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- LA Marathon: Ethiopian runners sweep race 9 min ago
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Malaysia missing jet: Door possibly found
- 2 attacked by bees in La Cañada Flintridge 15 min ago
- Yucaipa woman arrested in husband's murder 28 min ago
- Dana Point shooting suspect sought by deputies 5 min ago
- Injured LAPD officer released from hospital
- San Dimas boat crash leaves 1 dead, 1 injured 9 min ago
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- abcnews: Ex-FBI agent in captivity for 7 years
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- William Clay Ford, Lions owner, dies
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks