800-lb alligator caught in Florida waters
HOBE SOUND, Fla. (KABC) -- A 160-pound teen caught an 800-pound alligator in Florida.
Tim Stroh from Hobe Sound harpooned the 12-foot monster of a gator while on a family hunting trip. He taped its 28-inch jaws shut and hauled its massive body into the boat with the help of two other men.
"I had adrenaline pumping through me and I was just like 'oh my God,'" said Stroh. "It came up and it was popping its jaw and stuff, holy alligator."
The alligator is now being stored in the family's freezer. Stroh's father is a taxidermist and plans to mount the gator's head so he can put it in his room.
Although impressive, Florida Fish and Wildlife officials say there have been bigger.
The longest gator caught in the Sunshine State was more than 14 feet long, and the heaviest weighed over 1,000 pounds.
animal news, bizarre news
- Echo Park apartment fire kills 2, injures 2 54 min ago
- Las Vegas casino shooting video released
- Disabled councilman knocked out in Devore crash
- '12 Years a Slave,' 'Hustle' lead Globes noms 12 min ago
- Wife, sister shot in purported mercy killings
- Human remains found in forest above Altadena
- 'Button-down Bandit' arrested after pursuit
- Prisoner reduction deadline pushed to April
- abcnews: Arrowhead Stadium victim's family talks 37 min ago
- 1 dead in small plane crash off Molokai, Hawaii
- Senator's aide arrested on child porn charges
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- Moving while sitting can prevent back pain
- OTRC: Idina Menzel and Taye Diggs separate