800-lb alligator caught in Florida waters
HOBE SOUND, Fla. (KABC) -- A 160-pound teen caught an 800-pound alligator in Florida.
Tim Stroh from Hobe Sound harpooned the 12-foot monster of a gator while on a family hunting trip. He taped its 28-inch jaws shut and hauled its massive body into the boat with the help of two other men.
"I had adrenaline pumping through me and I was just like 'oh my God,'" said Stroh. "It came up and it was popping its jaw and stuff, holy alligator."
The alligator is now being stored in the family's freezer. Stroh's father is a taxidermist and plans to mount the gator's head so he can put it in his room.
Although impressive, Florida Fish and Wildlife officials say there have been bigger.
The longest gator caught in the Sunshine State was more than 14 feet long, and the heaviest weighed over 1,000 pounds.
animal news, bizarre news
- Rizzo gets 12 years in prison for corruption
- Jury deadlocks in OC distracted driving case 15 min ago
- 292 missing, 4 dead in S. Korea ferry disaster
- West Adams fire in converted garage injures 4
- Man found tied up, burned on 605 Freeway
- Lake Elsinore man arrested for assault
- Possible 5th victim sought in serial murders
- Teen caught egging homeless woman in Lancaster
- State audit: Cudahy must repay $22.7 million
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar 8 min ago
- abcnews: 10 most awful jobs for 2014 revealed
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus hospitalized, cancels concerts 19 min ago