Jimmy Kimmel hosts Italian festival in Hollywood
HOLLYWOOD, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Jimmy Kimmel is hosting the annual Precious Cheese Italian feast of San Gennaro in Hollywood.
The three-day event, which celebrates Italian culture and showcases Italian-American performers, kicked off Thursday night.
Kimmel said his favorite part of the festival is the delicious food.
"San Gennaro is a special feast, not really because of the religious implications, but for me because I'm a glutton and I like to eat food," said Kimmel.
The event also features Italian wine, rides and games.
Proceeds will benefit the San Gennaro Foundation, a non-profit organization co-created by Kimmel. The foundation helps children and families in need in Los Angeles.
celebrity, hollywood, food, entertainment
- Spaccia convicted in Bell corruption trial 33 min ago
- 18 indicted in LA Sheriff's Dept abuse probe
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions 12 min ago
- Houseguest arrested after 80-year-old's death
- OCTA votes against 405 Freeway toll lanes
- Man who allegedly pranked coaches arrested 23 min ago
- Glendale man gets 5 yrs in 'sextortion' case
- Ex-SD Mayor Filner sentenced for harassment
- abcnews: Gun makers thriving year after Newtown
- Storm snarls travel; power outages persist
- New cockroach found in NYC can withstand cold
- 6 finalists announced for 2013 Heisman trophy
- 'Saving Mr. Banks' tells 'Poppins' back story
- OTRC: Meredith Baxter weds partner Nancy Locke