Los Angeles News
Gunman shot, killed by officers in Reseda
RESEDA, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A gunman who critically wounded two people in Reseda was shot and killed by police officers.
The incident started shortly before 5 p.m. Saturday on the 6700 block of Etiwanda Avenue, where the victims were sitting in a car. That's when the suspected gunman fired at them.
Police confronted the suspect, then shot and killed him after catching up with him on Darby Avenue.
Nearby resident Richie Garcia said one of the shooting victims came to his door asking for help. Garcia said the victim was covered in blood, and it was a tragic scene to witness. Garcia said his wife and stepson knew the victim well.
Both victims were rushed to an area hospital. No officers were hurt.
The shooting was under investigation.
officer-involved shooting, los angeles news
- DUI driver slams into apartment, killing girl 9 min ago
- Pope Francis, crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- Orange County carport collapses; no one hurt
- East Hollywood fire: Garage heavily damaged
- Free admission offered to all national parks
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- abcnews: Laughing can improve memory 25 min ago
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76 29 min ago
- Mickey Rooney buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour