Inland Empire News
First Native American TV channel launches in Inland Empire
SAN BERNARDINO, Calif. (KABC) -- The first Native American television channel went live Sunday, Sept. 25.
FNX: First Nations Experience Television, a high-definition, multiplatform digital media vehicle broadcasts 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
FNX is the result of a partnership between the San Manuel Band of Indians and KVCR, an Inland Empire Public Broadcasting Service member station.
"FNX is a new multimedia platform featuring authentic voices and stories reflecting the reality of the Native American experience and that of indigenous peoples worldwide," FNX said in a news release.
FNX has a potential audience of 18 million viewers, according to the company. Within one year, FNX plans to expand and lead the way as a producer (via the Internet and over-the air, satellite and cable broadcast systems) of authentic First Nations storytelling. Programs will include varying genres including documentaries, sports, feature film, drama series, news and comedy.
"This marks the birth of an innovative project that has been in the works for 7 years now," said Larry Ciecalone, President and CEO of KVCR/FNX. "The FNX Channel launched at 7 p.m. in Southern California on KVCR 24.2 digital. It is a TV channel dedicated to the Native American experience and the first of its kind in the nation. We developed this concept with our founding partner, San Manuel Band of Serrano Mission Indians. KVCR is pleased to offer this experience to Southern California viewers and will launch the channel nationally next year."
inland empire news
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year 15 min ago
- Man arrested in 'revenge porn' website case
- Auto thefts up in CA after realignment -study
- LA supervisors criticize Baca amid jail probe
- FBI arrest several alleged MS-13 gang members
- UC Riverside employee diagnosed w/ meningitis
- $50K reward announced in murder of 7-year-old
- Bell moving forward after Spaccia conviction
- abcnews: Woman claws way out of locked bathroom 31 min ago
- Bipartisan negotiators reach modest budget deal
- Eastern snowstorm brings closures, delays
- US Navy sailor surprises family on ABC comedy
- Gabor Xmas party to go on amid spending fight
- OTRC: Kate Winslet, Ned RocknRoll welcome baby
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
12 min ago