Ventura County News
Missing teen reunites w/ family after 4 years
VENTURA, Calif. (KABC) -- A missing Ventura girl reunited with her family after nearly four years on Wednesday night.
Chioma Gray, 19, arrived in Los Angeles on a flight from Mexico City. She was 15 years old when she was last seen getting into a car allegedly stolen by a 20-year-old man and then driven to Mexico.
The two had a previous relationship. According to the family's attorney, Andrew Tafoya recently called the girl's mother and then turned himself into the U.S. Marshals Service.
Ventura police went to Los Angeles International Airport Wednesday to bring Tafoya back to Ventura County, where he'll be booked. It's not clear what charges he will face.
kidnap, arrest, ventura county news
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd 25 min ago
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours 36 min ago
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Malaysia missing jet: Door possibly found
- 2 LAPD officers injured in West L.A. crash
- 2 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge 32 min ago
- Yucaipa woman arrested in husband's murder 28 min ago
- Dana Point shooting suspect sought by deputies 29 min ago
- Injured LAPD officer released from hospital
- Car bomb attack kills at least 42 in Iraq 48 min ago
- abcnews: Ex-FBI agent in captivity for 7 years
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks