Ventura County News
Missing teen reunites w/ family after 4 years
VENTURA, Calif. (KABC) -- A missing Ventura girl reunited with her family after nearly four years on Wednesday night.
Chioma Gray, 19, arrived in Los Angeles on a flight from Mexico City. She was 15 years old when she was last seen getting into a car allegedly stolen by a 20-year-old man and then driven to Mexico.
The two had a previous relationship. According to the family's attorney, Andrew Tafoya recently called the girl's mother and then turned himself into the U.S. Marshals Service.
Ventura police went to Los Angeles International Airport Wednesday to bring Tafoya back to Ventura County, where he'll be booked. It's not clear what charges he will face.
kidnap, arrest, ventura county news
- NKorea deports captive American war veteran
- Covina home-invasion robbery: girl, dad shot
- Ex-detective arrested for tipping off gang
- Nelson Mandela's legacy honored around world
- 'Valley Bandit' wanted for 8 bank robberies
- Family settles over Chino school gun accident
- Suspected heist reported, 12 tons of pot found
- New Mexico cop fired after minivan shooting
- 6 detained in theft of radioactive material
- abcnews: Alleged cannibal ran hotel w/ grill area 10 min ago
- Smartphone apps for a better night's sleep
- Long Beach motorcycle show offers demo rides
- 'Out of the Furnace' showcases pacing, acting
- OTRC: Grammys 2014 - list of nominees
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
16 min ago