Inland Empire News
Chino car-theft suspect evades cops in chase
CHINO, Calif. (KABC) -- A car theft suspect evaded police after crashing his vehicle and fleeing on foot in a Chino neighborhood.
Authorities said at about 3:45 p.m. Saturday, a Chino police officer ran the license place of a maroon Honda Civic near the 13300 block of Monte Vista Avenue and found the car had been reported stolen out of Moreno Valley.
At that point, the Honda made a sudden left turn and crashed into a mail box. The driver got out of the car and fled on foot into the backyard of a nearby home.
The officer ran after the suspect into the backyard but was confronted by a large dog. The officer shot the dog in the leg to ward off an attack, while the suspect got away.
The suspect is described as a Hispanic man about 19 years old with black hair, wearing black clothing.
The dog suffered minor injuries and was treated by a local veterinarian.
If you have any information regarding this incident, you're urged to contact the Chino Police Department at (909) 628-1234.
car chase, car crash, pursuit, shooting, animal news, san bernardino county, inland empire news
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train
- Temple City man denies creating Bitcoin
- IE cross memorial removed after complaints
- OC man arrested for pot brownie sales to kids
- Oxnard hit-and-run victim in critical condition
- CSULB researchers launch 'Kelp Watch 2014'
- Dodger lot beating: federal gun indictments
- Drunk gambler sues LV casino following loss
- Baby rescued on FL freeway home from hospital
- Obama: West won't let Kremlin carve up Ukraine
- abcnews: Charges filed in missing nursing student case
- Factors that may lead to Alzheimer's disease
- Justin Bieber's urine test video released
- OTRC: Angelina Jolie talks 'Maleficent,' daughter