Inland Empire News
Chino car-theft suspect evades cops in chase
CHINO, Calif. (KABC) -- A car theft suspect evaded police after crashing his vehicle and fleeing on foot in a Chino neighborhood.
Authorities said at about 3:45 p.m. Saturday, a Chino police officer ran the license place of a maroon Honda Civic near the 13300 block of Monte Vista Avenue and found the car had been reported stolen out of Moreno Valley.
At that point, the Honda made a sudden left turn and crashed into a mail box. The driver got out of the car and fled on foot into the backyard of a nearby home.
The officer ran after the suspect into the backyard but was confronted by a large dog. The officer shot the dog in the leg to ward off an attack, while the suspect got away.
The suspect is described as a Hispanic man about 19 years old with black hair, wearing black clothing.
The dog suffered minor injuries and was treated by a local veterinarian.
If you have any information regarding this incident, you're urged to contact the Chino Police Department at (909) 628-1234.
car chase, car crash, pursuit, shooting, animal news, san bernardino county, inland empire news
- Mulholland Bridge over I-405 finally opens 35 min ago
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment 11 min ago
- Venice beating caught on cam; suspects sought
- Baca acknowledges deputy hiring issues
- Motorcycle officer injured in Mid-City crash
- Woman shot to death in Long Beach; no arrests
- Proposed power plant splits Palmdale, Lancaster
- Big Sur fire burns 769 acres; chance of rain 53 min ago
- Bipartisan budget deal nears final passage
- abcnews: Pope delivers Christmas message to serve poor
- India diplomat claims cavity search in NYC
- Ronnie Biggs, 'Great Train Robber,' dies at 84
- Video: 'American Hustle' takes you back to the '70s
- Photos: Brad Pitt over the years, 1991 to present
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
33 min ago