Los Angeles News
2 LA County firefighters injured battling South Gate house fire
SOUTH GATE, Calif. (KABC) -- Two Los Angeles County firefighters were injured while battling a house fire in South Gate on Friday.
Fire officials said the blaze was reported at about 5:30 a.m. on the 3000 block of Santa Ana Street.
Authorities said the fire appeared to have started in the attic of the two-story home, but it was still unknown what exactly ignited the blaze, which burned through the roof of the house.
Investigators said as far as they know, no one was in the house when the fire started.
Crews gained the upper hand and extinguished the fire after about two hours.
Two firefighters at the scene suffered minor back injuries, but they're expected to be OK.
The fire was under investigation. A damage estimate was not immediately available.
south gate, fire, los angeles news
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen
- SKorea ferry accident: 10 more bodies pulled
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- Orange County carport collapses; no one hurt
- East Hollywood fire: Garage heavily damaged
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal
- Free admission offered to all national parks
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Documents detail another delayed GM recall
- Mickey Rooney buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour