Inland Empire News
CHP shooting closes 91 Freeway lanes
CORONA, Calif. (KABC) -- A California Highway Patrol shooting prompted closure of all lanes of the 91 Freeway Tuesday night.
"At approximately 7:47 this evening, there was a traffic collision eastbound 91, west of the 15 Freeway. Corona Fire Dept. arrived on scene and soon after, they advised our dispatch center that there was a gentleman with the weapon standing outside a vehicle," said CHP Officer Mario Lopez.
"Corona Police Dept. and CHP units arrived on scene at approximately 8 o'clock this evening. The reports started coming out, officer-involved shooting. This was a multi-agency officer-involved shooting, involving the Corona Police Dept., the California Highway Patrol," said Lopez.
"The male subject was struck. Medics tried providing first aid to the subject. Unfortunately he was pronounced deceased at the scene. A weapon was recovered at the scene. At this point, the investigation is still ongoing. And we'll provide more details as they become available," said Lopez.
"It's going to be several hours before we open up eastbound lanes," said Lopez.
No officers were injured.
california highway patrol, officer-involved shooting, shooting, traffic delay, inland empire news
- Malaysia: No debris at spot on China images
- 2 sought for stealing purses at Bell salons
- Indecent exposure suspect sought in Irvine
- NYC apartment explosion, collapse kills 4
- 2 dead after car plows into crowd near SXSW 2 min ago
- Bell trial: Rizzo's sentencing postponed
- Mom of wandering boys was supervised by CPS
- Body of man found at Montebello parking lot
- Colorado River Board of CA discusses drought
- FBI hunting Hawaii for top terror suspect
- abcnews: Target thigh gap photo flap sparks outrage
- Soldier pops out of box, surprises daughter
- Chris Pine arrested for DUI in New Zealand
- OTRC: 'The Big Bang Theory' renewed for 3 seasons