Orange County News
Bodies found in Yorba Linda home; arrest made
YORBA LINDA, Calif. (KABC) -- A man was arrested after police found the bodies of a man and a woman in a Yorba Linda home following reports of odd noises coming from the residence.
Brea Police identified the suspect as 24-year-old Eder Giovanni Herrera. Police said he lived at the home, but they declined to say whether he was related to the two murder victims.
Authorities said Herrera was cooperating with police.
Police said they received a 911 call Tuesday night and rushed to the residence in the 4200 block of Trix Circle, a cul-de-sac. Someone reported hearing loud banging and weird noises coming from the home at about 11:30 p.m.
Officers said they arrived and found a large pool of blood just outside the front door.
They checked the exterior of the home, including the rear yard. The officers looked through a glass sliding door and saw the two adult bodies on the ground inside the home. The man and woman were declared dead at the scene.
Herrera was arrested during a traffic stop in the east end of Yorba Linda.
A neighbor told Eyewitness News that the man who was murdered ran a street sweeping business. Neighbors said the two people were renting the home for the past year.
Homicide detectives were on scene. Police would not comment on a possible motive.
"In Yorba Linda and around this area, nothing happens, it's very quiet and peaceful so this event is obviously concerning and rather disturbing for the neighborhood," said neighbor Richard De Bruijn. "It's a tragic event."
body found, orange county news
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures 15 23 min ago
- Bell corruption: Rizzo gets 12 years in prison
- Arsonist sought in San Pedro Elks Lodge fire
- 287 missing, 9 dead in SKorea ferry disaster
- Google Glass robbers target Venice resident
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries
- 'Luger Bandit' bank robbery suspect caught
- Distracted-driving trial: OC jury deadlocks
- Solvang ordnance scare prompts evacuations 51 min ago
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar
- abcnews: Missing girls case solved 40 years later
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- 'X-Men' director accused of sexual assault 16 min ago
- OTRC: AC/DC: Malcolm Young taking break