Inland Empire News
Suspect killed after grabbing gun from deputy
YUCAIPA, Calif. (KABC) -- Authorities say a suspect who grabbed a deputy's gun from his holster during an altercation was shot to death in Yucaipa on Wednesday.
Authorities responded to a domestic disturbance call on the 35000 block of Avenue B at 7:03 p.m. San Bernardino County Sheriff's deputies say the shooting happened shortly after they arrived.
When deputies arrived, they noticed the suspect, identified as Kenneth Munoz, was armed with some type of weapon. Deputies ordered Munoz to drop the weapon, but authorities said he refused to comply and ran.
Deputies found Munoz a short time later in a nearby yard. As they attempted to take him into custody, there was a physical altercation, and Munoz allegedly took a gun from the holster of one of the deputies.
He allegedly fired the gun once, forcing deputies to open fire. Munoz was shot several times and was declared dead at the scene.
No deputies were injured in the incident.
Authorities say the shooting remains under investigation.
deputy-involved shooting, san bernardino county, inland empire news
- Reseda shooting: 1 dead, 1 injured, 1 arrested 55 min ago
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies 4 min ago
- Target probe focuses on processing centers
- Woman gives $500 to friend who's a single mom 9 min ago
- Pope's message to end hunger hits home in IE
- Slain chase suspect's family files $20M claim
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Judge orders hospital to keep girl on support
- Helicopter gunships used in MX resort battle
- abcnews: One of Van Gogh's last paintings unveiled
- San Jose company recalls sausage products
- Jewelry shopping tips: How to avoid rip-offs
- Ned Vizzini, popular author, dies at age 32
- OTRC: Beyonce kisses Madonna's daughter (Photo)