Inland Empire News
Suspect killed after grabbing gun from deputy
YUCAIPA, Calif. (KABC) -- Authorities say a suspect who grabbed a deputy's gun from his holster during an altercation was shot to death in Yucaipa on Wednesday.
Authorities responded to a domestic disturbance call on the 35000 block of Avenue B at 7:03 p.m. San Bernardino County Sheriff's deputies say the shooting happened shortly after they arrived.
When deputies arrived, they noticed the suspect, identified as Kenneth Munoz, was armed with some type of weapon. Deputies ordered Munoz to drop the weapon, but authorities said he refused to comply and ran.
Deputies found Munoz a short time later in a nearby yard. As they attempted to take him into custody, there was a physical altercation, and Munoz allegedly took a gun from the holster of one of the deputies.
He allegedly fired the gun once, forcing deputies to open fire. Munoz was shot several times and was declared dead at the scene.
No deputies were injured in the incident.
Authorities say the shooting remains under investigation.
deputy-involved shooting, san bernardino county, inland empire news
- Malaysia Airlines missing jet: Oil slicks found
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- Temecula man arrested in drug sales bust
- Pomona man hurt in shooting; suspect sought
- 2 pedestrians struck, killed on Norwalk street
- Westminster deadly car crash: Driver sought
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean 47 min ago
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- abcnews: Woman has 'out of body' experience at will
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- Photos: Aaron Paul, wife at 'Need For Speed' premiere